I have been lazy about updating this because I haven't taken pictures off our camera to upload. I guess if I wait for pictures it could be another month before I upadate... We have still been spending quite a bit of time around the house due to the lousy weather and continued potty training. Q is doing pretty well so we are venturing out more. We went to Dubuque for Easter and were able to squeeze in quick visits with both sides of the family.We got to spend some time with the Kremers & Skogmos. It is fun to see the boys play with Phil & Sarah. P & S were about the boys age when I started watching them and now they are in HS! I still can't believe it - I swear they are still grade school aged...
Q got to go on an Easter egg hunt and play with his Cascade cousins too -which he LOVED. He doesn't see many other kids his age lately and he was definitely craving some playtime. The bottom lip came WAY out when we told him it was time to leave. As soon as we got in the car he got on his Buzz Lightyear cell phone and made a call to Poppa: "Poppa, where ARE you?" He proceeded to pick up his phone and "call" him periodically over the course of the drive home...
This last week we waited out the cold weather in the house, yet again... but yesterday was BEAUTIFUL so we made a trip to the Miller Park Zoo. We got a pass to the zoo this summer so that will give us something fun to do. Quint loves to go see all the "aminals" he talks and talks the whole time we are there. It is so fun to listen to him. Yesterday the highlight of the visit seemed to be a squirrel - not some endangered, exotic squirrel - just a squirrel. We walked into the "Wallaby Walkabout" area and he runs to the fence shouting, "Look! A squirrel!" I was like - "Yes, it is right there next to that KANGAROO." The zoo also has a couple of Llamas. One of our favorite books is "Llama, Llama, Red Pajama" and one of the lines from the book is "..little Llama, what a tizzy!" Quint was calling the Llamas "Llama tizzys." He is a funny kid (he cracks me up anyway...)
Carter meanwhile, contentedly rides along in his little carrier pouch, mellow as can be and taking everything in.
No comments:
Post a Comment