Tuesday, August 2, 2011

On The Road Again....And Again….And Again…..


Well we have been taking full advantage of my unlimited vacation days this summer with a nearly continuous travel spree beginning in June. We made our first trip to the lake mid June rested our wheels for a couple weeks and then headed back for 10 days over the 4th of July. The weather was beautiful the whole time we were there and we got to enjoy lots of boat rides and water time. We had a chance to visit a petting zoo where deer were eating out of our hands (see pictures). Tanner claims I enjoyed it more than Q and that might be true – it was pretty fun. We also got to see my mom’s side of the family which was fun. Q of course thoroughly enjoyed lots of “Abgail” time.  They caught their first fish together and it was a whopper (again see pics).
We returned to Illinois again briefly to do laundry and repack and then the boys and I headed to Dubuque for a week at the end of July. My college friends were back in town to celebrate Andi’s upcoming wedding with a shower/bachelorette (fun except for the fish fly plague!). Then the boys and I stayed the week. We got to spend lots of time with Grandma and Papa and the aunts. We also enjoyed some visits with Allison, Cameron and new baby Evelyn Peet and then some playtime with Molly, Alex and Josie Kuhle. We celebrated the boys birthdays at Happy joes and had a BBQ at “Jeff’s House with the cool truck,” we even survived the major flash flooding in Dubuque.  Everyday was an outing or “party” Quint didn’t know what to do with himself. Tanner drove to Dubuque the following weekend for the annual Kuhle BBQ with my college friends – I think we have now produced somewhere around 13 children collectively – it was a wild, fun time.
Q is now officially 3 (I think we celebrated his birthday about 25 times) and Carter is officially 1. We don’t go for their check ups for another week so I don’t have any growth stats to share.  Carter has 4 entire teeth and I think he is working on 2 more. He is not quite walking yet but continues to step around furniture and break speed records for crawling.  Carter’s favorite activity is chasing Quint and Quin’ts seems to be teasing Carter –so really it works out pretty well.
I’d like to say we can slow down and rest a bit for the rest of the summer, but I think we are due for another round of travel coming up. Summer is so busy! I’m doing my best to keep our Shutterfly and Youtube sites updated. LOTS of July photos and more to come…

No comments:

Post a Comment